Study with us
Help us address the 21st century’s most compelling and complex health challenges by undertaking a PhD or postdoctoral research through the Institute. With the support of our world renowned researchers and access to our partners across the health sector, you’ll make your mark with research that transforms the design and delivery of prevention and care.
Find out more about becoming a research student at Deakin and available scholarships.
Keep reading for current opportunities.
For general enquiries about studying as a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) student with the Institute for Health Transformation please contact:
School of Nursing and Midwifery HDR Coordinator, Associate Professor Pat Nicholson
Phone: +61 3 924 46114
School of Health and Social Development HDR Coordinator, Associate Professor Genevieve Pepin
Phone: +61 3 522 78462
School of Health and Social Development Deputy HDR Coordinator, Dr Kim Robinson
Phone: +61 3 522 78205
Our early to mid-career researchers play a vital role in our research and we provide a supportive environment in which to build their careers and attract funding. Some of these opportunities include:
- Deakin University Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowships.
- National Heart Foundation post doctoral and Future Leader Fellowships
- Australian Research Council (ARC) Fellowships: Discovery Early Career Research Awards (DECRA) and Future Fellowships
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Fellowships
- A number of international organisations offer postdoctoral funding for non-Australian researchers to spend time in Australia.
If you’d like to talk to us about post doc opportunities within the Institute, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9244 5791. We’d love to hear from you.