Aged Care Research & Industry Innovation Australia grants
Ali Hutchinson and colleagues have been awarded funding for their project to implement an innovative virtual reality experience for people living with mild dementia in aged care.
2023 Faculty of Health ReseArch Capacity Building Grant ScHeme (HAtCH) grant success
Eva Yuen and Feby Savira have been awarded $27,500 for the project: Examining telehealth use in populations at greater risk of disadvantage.
Anna Chapman has been awarded $29,564 for the project: Tailoring a ‘sit less, move more’ intervention for primary care.
Epworth Medical Foundation Research and Innovation Grants 2023 have
Jane Wilcox, Ana Hutchinson and external team for:
- $50,000 for the project titled: Piloting a mandatory nursing deteriorating patient education program.
Ana Hutchinson and external team for:
- $10,129 for the project titled: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation to improve hospital length of stay and bed capacity.
- $18,000 for the project titled: Using digital solutions to increase access and implementation to best practice evidence.
- $29,978 for the project titled: Increasing Nurses Skills and Capacity to Manage Rehabilitation Trauma Patients admitted to Hawthorn with Mental Health Conditions.
- $10,000 for the project titled: Using Interdisciplinary simulation training to improve team work and communication between pre-registration medical and nursing students.
Nursing and Midwifery grants from Western Health
- A midwife-led grant including Linda Sweet and Vidanka Vasilevski and Western collaborators titled MOMEES study (Mother’s Own Milk, Early Expression & Supply) – Improving early expressing rates for mothers of babies admitted within two hours of birth to Newborn Services (NBS) for $20,000
- A nurse-led grant including Karen Wynter and Bodil Rasmussen and Western collaborators titled Cultural workforce outcomes of the Westwards workforce initiative: A mixed-methods study for $14,207
- A nurse-led grant including Sara Holton, Bodil Rasmussen, and Dr Karen Wynter titled Emerging from the pandemic: exploring moral distress among Victorian palliative care staff for $14,775