Finding (and using) the IHT hub
Please note that the IHT hub is up and running, and we are enjoying sharing this brand new space with all of our members.
If you are at Burwood and you need a space to work, there are 6 hot desks available at any time. If you would prefer to book a desk, please feel free to contact Diane at email@example.com or you are welcome to just turn up. Desks that are used regularly will have a note on them with the days they are used. You are welcome to use them outside of those days.
BC3.018 is a hot office which is available and can be booked through the Outlook Calendar system.
BC3.019 is the IHT Collaboration room with video conferencing facilities and we look forward to hosting events and meetings of all descriptions. It is currently listed as capacity for 24 people sitting down at tables. Bookings can be made through the Outlook system.
BC3.020 is a meeting room for 4 people with video conferencing facilities and can also be booked through the Outlook booking system.
We also have some very comfortable sitting areas and spaces in the hub with videoconferencing facilities and that can be used anytime.
So please come on in and use the space – any questions please do not hesitate to contact Diane via the IHT email account firstname.lastname@example.org, we would love to see you anytime.
IHT Grant Review Strategy
As discussed at the recent All Members Day, the Institute has developed a new Grant Review Strategy. The Strategy has five components:
- Recognise and thank members who have provided academic review for the Institute and Faculty – a lunch invite will be sent to relevant members
- Guidelines for academic peer review provided by the Institute – the Institute will coordinate peer review where this is not provided by the Faculty, please contact Merran Stewart
- Opportunity for members to self-nominate to act as a peer reviewers – for both IHT and Faculty
- Professional Development activity to build capacity of our members to provide high quality peer reviews – invite will be sent across the Institute
- Encourage members to nominate as funding body peer reviewers (assessors) – summary document for NHMRC, MRFF and ARC processes
2022 VicHealth fellowships open
Applications for the 2022 VicHealth fellowships will open on 17 October at 12pm AEDT. Three fellowships are available with a commencement date of March 2023.
The Fellowships aim to support early career researchers to conduct high quality, rigorous research that will strengthen the evidence base for preventive health policies and programs and ultimately improve the health and wellbeing outcomes for the Victorian community.
Applications close on 28 November at 12pm AEDT. Learn more on the VicHealth website.
Deakin event hub
The Deakin event hub hosts everything you need to know about hosting an event at Deakin. The hub includes advice regarding consent to photography, preferred suppliers, policies, templates and much more. Find the hub on DeakinHub, or via the link on the IHT Members’ Portal.